Managers sometimes attempt to fix this type of problem by addressing a toxic employee's attitude. And while a toxic employee's attitude certainly affects his/her behavior, managers usually find that controlling an employee's attitude is next to impossible.
I. Human and Financial Costs Resulting from Toxic Employees, Toxic Employees create:
II. The A, B, C’s Related to Toxic Employees
III. The Psyche of a Toxic Employee
IV. Common Reactions to Toxic Employees That Frequently Don’t Work
V. Effective Approaches for Addressing and Preventing Toxicity
- Making positive interpersonal behavior an organizational value
- Evaluating interpersonal behavior as a part of the performance appraisal system
- Training leaders on how to address toxic behavior
- Using behavioral-based interview questions to screen toxic applicants
- Exit interviewing to identify any toxic behavior in the workplace
- Defining appropriate interpersonal interactions with behavior-specific descriptions and standards
- Using team discussions and role plays to clarify the application of the behavioral descriptions and standards
- Utilizing a 360-degree feedback process to assess the work environment
- Stating explicitly that the behavior is not acceptable and why
- Describing both the unacceptable and acceptable behavior
- Asking the employee to commit to and describe how he/she will change his/her behavior
- Frequent, targeted counseling feedback
- Executive coaches
- Progressive discipline
Most organizations have employees who on occasion:
But Toxic Employees have interpersonal styles that demonstrate a pattern of counter-productive work behaviors. Emotionally Intelligent employees are aware of their feelings and those of others and exhibit a pattern of appropriate self-management.
behavior just being the tip of the iceberg. For example, in one organization, the day a former employee left the organization is considered one of their annual holidays
Pete Tosh is Founder of The Focus Group, a management consulting and training firm that assists organizations in sustaining profitable growth through four core disciplines:
· Implementing Strategic HR Initiatives
· Maximizing Leadership Effectiveness
· Strategic Planning
· Enhancing Customer Loyalty
The Focus Group has provided these consulting and training services to manufacturing and service organizations across the U.S., Canada, Europe and the Middle East. Pete has worked closely with the leadership teams of organizations such as Exxon, Brinks, EMC, State Farm, Marriott, N.C.I. YKK and Freddie Mac
Prior to founding his own firm 25 years ago, Pete had 15 years of experience — at the divisional and corporate levels — in Human Resource and Quality functions. Pete held leadership positions — to include the V.P. of Human Resources and Quality — with Allied Signal, Imperial Chemical Industries, Reynolds Metals, Charter Medical and Access Integrated Networks.
Pete holds a B.A. degree in Psychology from Emory and Henry College and Master’s degrees in both Business Administration and Industrial Psychology from Virginia Commonwealth University. Pete is also co-author of Leading Your Organization to the Next Level: the Core Disciplines of Sustained Profitable Growth.
Sign up now on Vrindafox Compliances LLC. Visit Vrindafox Compliances LLC.COM to discover a wide range of webinars from industry specialists. Tick on either ‘live webinar’ or ‘on-demand’, and simply click on ‘buy now’ to get enrolled.
You can refer Vrindafox Compliances LLC to anyone in your social circle. Explore your industry with your colleagues by getting them signed up on Vrindafox Compliances LLC.COM today!
Go for the topic of your keen interest on Vrindafox Compliances LLC.COM. Tick on ‘live webinar’ and get enrolled! Easy registration, transparent transaction.
You can request for an on-demand webinar that records the live webinar for you. After the webinar ends, you will have full access to the webinar’s recording.
If you can’t attend the live webinar, simply go for the ‘on-demand webinar’ for the same price! Now, the live webinar recording will be saved in a cloud storage for you to access anytime from anywhere.
Vrindafox Compliances LLC offer only soft copies of the webinars. It contains all the highlights as well as comprehensive descriptions of the webinar, so you never miss out a single detail.
At the end of each webinar, you have the opportunity to interact with your industry experts, where you will get answers to all your queries.
Don’t worry, If you can’t join live webinar. Vrindafox Compliances LLC has automatically send you On Demand on your registered mail id after conducting live webinar. So, you never miss out a single detail.
Stay in the know on new update and offers